So, as of today, I will officially begin the compacting journey. DH and I talked about it and he has agreed to commit himself as well.
Here is what we'll be doing:
- Buy only what is truly needed
- Buy nothing new, except for health & safety items
- Borrow or barter before buying used
- Prepare healthy, simple meals at home every day
- Will completely eliminate processed foods and white sugar, white flour, etc
- Will eat foods in their proper season and buy locally as much as possible
- Use only cloth for napkins, "paper" towels, toilet tissue and feminine needs
- Get rid of all clutter in our home and keep only what we truly need or find beautiful, always giving away whatever no longer brings us enjoy
- Will seek free and simple family activities to bring us enjoyment
- Unplug any appliances not in use and eliminate as many appliances as possible.
- Learn to grow things like herbs and some vegetables in containers
Exception: I will allow for printing of photos, but only ones I've carefully chosen and have a particular use for. I will allow for limited tickets to events such as festivals or museums.