Saturday, October 14, 2006

More than enough

There is very little that we actually need. That kind of sounds funny to me because just a couple of months ago, you could always hear me saying "I need to buy this" or "we need this for the kitchen" or "I need to get the kids some new clothes". I've definitely gone through a change these past few weeks.

So, as of today, I will officially begin the compacting journey. DH and I talked about it and he has agreed to commit himself as well.

Here is what we'll be doing:


  • Buy only what is truly needed
  • Buy nothing new, except for health & safety items
  • Borrow or barter before buying used
  • Prepare healthy, simple meals at home every day
  • Will completely eliminate processed foods and white sugar, white flour, etc
  • Will eat foods in their proper season and buy locally as much as possible
  • Use only cloth for napkins, "paper" towels, toilet tissue and feminine needs
  • Get rid of all clutter in our home and keep only what we truly need or find beautiful, always giving away whatever no longer brings us enjoy
  • Will seek free and simple family activities to bring us enjoyment
  • Unplug any appliances not in use and eliminate as many appliances as possible.
  • Learn to grow things like herbs and some vegetables in containers


Exception: I will allow for printing of photos, but only ones I've carefully chosen and have a particular use for. I will allow for limited tickets to events such as festivals or museums.

4 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome mama! You're gonna LOVE it.

Gavi said...

Well, you have been a major inspiration for me to get started with this. For that, I am grateful!

Anonymous said...

It is the holic gold which makes me very happy these days, my brother says holic money is his favorite games gold he likes, he usually holic online gold to start his game and most of the time he will win the cheap holic gold back and give me some holic online money to play the game.
I am so happy to get some kal geons and the kal gold is given by my close friend who tells me that the kal online geons is the basis to enter into the game. Therefore, I should kal online gold with the spare money and I gain some kalonline Geons from other players.

aion china server kina said...

aion china aion china gold,
aion cn gold aion chinese gold,
aion gold china aion gold chinese,
china aion gold chinese aion gold,
aion china kina aion chinese kina,
aion kina china china aion kina,
aion china buy buy aion china,
aion chinese server gold aion cn server gold,
aion china server gold china aion server gold,
chinese aion server gold aion chinese server gold,
aion cn server kina aion china server kina,
china aion server kina chinese aion server kina